Saturday 9 June 2012

Where is my Riders On The Storm.......

Today while going through my favorite tracks on YuTube, i stumbled onto a gem of a song. From the moment i heard this song i remembered listening to it many years ago. This was the impact of the song that it just came flying back to me(even the lyrics). Then it hit me(yes i am talking about riders on the storm), where is my generation's Riders On The Storm? Whatever music is being made today, selling globally, going platinum and making millions for their makers, will not be heard tomorrow. Then i beg to ask the question, where is that song in my lifetime which will be played any two generations next to mine. Where is that song which will be played in atleast one headphone twenty years from now? Is it the over exposure of the music or their artists today? Is it due to excessive hype and marketing? Is it due to greed and ego? Or is it due to lack of any motivation except MONEY? The questions are plentiful but the answers are few or even non-existent. This is also a matter of attitude towards music. Music is supposed to move heal your soul if played right and harm your conscience if any other way. There is sometimes a dire need for someone to come out with music which is from their hearts and not their heads. That's why even so many years after a song has been heard, it's still being heard, understood and even liked. Good music is good music and its to stay ripe forever but my only concern is what are we to be proud of today, when the success of a song today is judged on the fact on how many hits it got on YouTube, rather it should be judged on ho many lives it touched and how many head and hearts it calmed and gave peace to. I dont want to degrade on speak about anyone's ability all I ask for is a simple song which I can call my RIDERS ON THE STORM..........


Just Giving the link to what music means and not when music is your means.......

Riders On The Storm(YouTube)........

No comments:

Post a Comment